March 23, 2005

Concert in Washington, DC

I went to Washington, DC for the first time on my vacation, 3/19(Sat) - 3/22(Tue).
The main purpose of this trip was the concert entitled "Street Corner Harmony" starring The Dramatics, Blue Magic, Ray, Goodman & Brown, Enchantment, and Peaches & Herb.

When I first got to know about the concert, I thought I had to go!! because there will be no chance for me to see all of the artists together at one concert in the future. This is a huge opportunity and is much worth to travel from coast to caost.
Besides the artists appeared at the concert for my reason to visit DC, there's a spring break at college in the whole week of 21st, so I could spend for sightseeing there.

I was 10 minutes late for the concert, which was my first time ever to be late at the concert, because I just flied in DC 2 hours prior to the concert began.
When I arrived at the concert hall, Peaches & Herb already started their show.

I was so excited to see Peaches & Herb, Enchantment, Blue Magic and Ray, Goodman & Brown on the stage for the first time even though I've listened to their songs many times on CDs.
The most interest thing is that all the groups–Enchantment, Blue Magic and Ray, Goodman & brown– danced a lot, sweating on their faces.

I like all the artists but especially Enchantment is my favorite and I expected to hear the songs "Gloria", "Sunshine", "Where Do We Go From Here/Journey", "It's You That I Need" and "My Rose", "Silly Love Song", "Dance To The Music", and I did heare the first 4 songs that I just listed, but no others.
And right before they left, each member had roses in their hands and gave them to the audience and I got two pieces, one from E.J. Johnson and one from the other (I don't know his name...)!!

And the Dramatics!! They were great as always. I enjoyed myself a lot.
As I was sitting in the front row, I could see the guys so close and I could even "talk" through the eyes, which was so wonderful!!
L.J. and Winzell always move around the stage during the show and they did the same this time too. They both came close to me some times and sang to me I'm sure. When Winzell sang "Be My Girl" in front of me in very short distance, maybe it was about 3 feet away from me, I was like I'm wiiling to be YOUR GIRL!!! (*v*) HAHAHA (again I'm so silly....)

By the way, I was lucky enough to see the Dramatics and talk with them for a while after the show and I got to know that they are still deeply grieving over Lenny's death, which was more than I thought. I think that the Dramatics have to be the FIVE GUYS, Ron, L.J., Willie, Winzell and LENNY. Any one of them can't be missed in the group.
So I will never forget Lenny and will always feel Lenny in my mind.

FYI; we were not allowed to take pictures at the concert, I have nothing to share on the web.

=====

I went to a famous jazz spot, Blues Alley in George Town on Monday night and enjoyed the show there.
I didn't know much about the group but they played some kinds of jazz such as smooth jazz, funk jazz, blues, bossa nova, fusion and swing jazz.
It's been for a while since I went to jazz live the last time and also I've listened to R&B/Soul music recently, so it kinda refreshed my mind. I think I like Jazz as much as R&B/Soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home